Listening in to the main Clear-com station
- SM: (mumbling) Hey STD, could you spike the triangle platform please?
- Student Tech Director: (angrily) Move the mic two inches from your face and then try telling me that again.
- *complete silence as everyone takes in the sass*
- Lighting Head: (pointing at clear-com station) YEAAHH, THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND!
I don’t like properties crew because they are usually quite jumpy and bossy people. Aaaand they have a lot of artistic talent and that’s just super great for them, isn’t it?!?
I don’t like costumes and make-up crew because they spend too much time with the actors and it tends to rub off on their personalities. Aaaand they know how to dress themselves and are just too cute.
I don’t like deck crew because they get a lot of down time and that’s just not fair. Aaaand sometimes they have access to the actor’s water and green room food.
I don’t like scenery crew because they snap at you whenever you go anywhere ten feet from the projects they’re working on. Aaaand they make wearing paint look absolutely faaaabbbb.
I don’t like lighting crew because they are always running around, placing ladders at inconvenient angles for everyone else, running through the catwalks, and crying in hysterics. Aaaand they just simply light up my world so that’s cool I guess.
SO I guess I would have to say that out of all the crews I love sound the best. They have a difficult job, get very little appreciation, and are only noticed whenever something goes wrong. They sit at the back of the auditorium behind their gigantic sea of buttons and when you’re nice to them they sometimes play unrelated show music when no one else is around.
They’re also pretty sexy.
Thanks to all the sound techs out there!
- strobe dance party with only certain invited techs
- no like srsly
- bawling on the floor
- making fun of gobo catalogs
- running to the “chinese restaurant” that’s a half mile from the show’s location
- not reading school modules
- dark chocolate
- yes, porn.
- coffee runs as payment for massages
- bathing in ramen
- coloring books
- iced coffee in cartons
- coffee with cream